It seems we had an unwelcome presence here on the website over the weekend.
I don’t know how long the little bug has been around, but I first noticed it on Friday. When I started doing something about it, it seemed to trigger a bunch of emails being sent to people about posts, removed posts, and possibly even medications that you (probably) don’t need!
I’ve worked all weekend on rooting out the problems. I’ve removed some malicious code, about 3,000 spammy links, and around another 3,000 old posts from the TS days. It’s kind of sad to see them go but they had no images and were full of dead links, so it’s probably for the best.
The deep scans have come back clean, so Swadeology is now exposed to the world once again.
If there’s anything good to come from this, it that I realise that I wanted to clean this site up and save it rather than just let it succumb to the black-hatted types. I do like having this place around to record some thoughts every now and then. And I’ll try and make use of it a little bit more.
So again, my apologies to anyone who was inconvenienced.
And if there are any more issues, please do let me know.
Postscript: It seems I’m having to approve comments for most people. Quite likely a result of the clean-up I’ve had to do. So please don’t fret if you’re comment doesn’t appear immediately.